Last week, the Pittsburgh Riverhounds announced the signing of midfielder, Joseph Ngwenya, for the 2014 season. Read our first interview with Joe and his thoughts on Pittsburgh below.
1. What were your first impressions of Pittsburgh?
JN: I really liked the way the stadium is built - with close proximity of the fans to the players making for an intimate yet loud atmosphere.
2. What has been one of your biggest accomplishments as a soccer player/ athlete?
JN: Winning the double(MLS Cup + Open Cup) with the LA Galaxy and scoring the game tying goal en-route to my 2nd MLS Cup with the Houston Dynamo.
3. What is your favorite hobby or pastime outside of soccer?
JN: Reading & watching TV shows.
4. Where has been your favorite place to play soccer over the years?
JN: Antalya, Turkey
5. If you could have any type of meal that you want- what would you choose?
JN: Isitshwala - the traditional staple meal in Zimbabwe which is made from cornmeal usually accompanied by a side-dish of meat and veggies.
6. If there is one thing in particular that you would like Riverhounds fans to know about you- what would that be?
JN: I bring a strong work ethic to the field.
7. Do you have any superstitions or habits before or after a game?
JN: A short prayer before and after the game.
8. (BONUS!) If you could trade places with anyone in the world for a day, who would that be?
JN: Warren Buffet or Mark Zuckerberg.